Friday Night Indoor Music Series — John Nilsen — Friday, December 19th, 2014 — 6 PM to 8 PM
John Nilsen's recording career began in 1983 when Sea of Inspiration, a collection of original piano solosevents-12-16-2014, was released on Eagle Records in Los Angeles, Ca. Guthrie Thomas, the founder of Eagle Records, was on tour as a singer/songwriter and had a tour stop in Ashland, Or. during the winter of 1983. Nilsen had been chosen by the club owner as an opening solo piano act for Thomas' performance, placing him directly in front of Guthrie Thomas who asked Nilsen to record on Eagle Records. Nilsen recorded three solo piano projects on Eagle before leaving the label and becoming the founder of Magic Wing.
John, who has performed in all fifty U.S. States, recently returned from a nine date concert tour of the UK in Oct., 2013. Nilsen continues to perform throughout the United States with regularity. For a complete viewing of John's performances please click on "live" at johnnilsen.com or magicwing.com.
Mark your calendars for these upcoming performances:
- December 26th — B Wishes & Johnny
The 12 Days of Christmas Holiday Offers from RoxyAnn Winery — 12/11 to 12/22
Day 4 - Sunday, December 14th
- Buy a case of RoxyAnn Pinot Noir and receive 25% off your purchase along with two FREE RoxyAnn logo Oregon Pinot Noir Reidel wine glasses.
- Visit or call the Tasting Room at (541) 776-2315. This offer valid on (12/14) from 12 Noon to 6 pm.
Day 5 - Monday, December 15th
- RoxyAnn Claret vertical vintage (750 ml) from ‘05, ’06’ & ‘09 nicely packaged in a black 3-bottle wine display/carrier. Only 12 bottles of each vintage available.
- Visit or call the Tasting Room at (541) 776-2315. This offer valid on (12/15) from 11 am to 6 pm.
Day 6 - Tuesday, December 16th
- Book a band of your choice* for a Friday evening in January or February 2015. We will reserve the entire back room for you and up to 30 guests ($250 value)**.
- Visit or call the Tasting Room at (541) 776-2315. This offer valid on (12/16) from 11 am to 6 pm. *Choose from a past performance and subject to band's availability . **One case of wine minumum purchase (15% off).
Day 7 - Wednesday, December 17th
- Gift basket includes one bottle each of RoxyAnn red & white wine, a RoxyAnn wine key, two RoxyAnn logo Reidel wine glasses & an assortment of local artisan cheese and chocolate.
- Visit or call the Tasting Room at (541) 776-2315. This offer valid on (12/17) from 11 am to 6 pm.
Day 8 - Thursday, December 18th
- Parson's Family Reserve vertical vintage (750 ml) from ‘03, ’04’ & ‘05 nicely packaged in a black 3-bottle wine display/carrier. Only 12 bottles of each vintage available.
- Visit or call the Tasting Room at (541) 776-2315. This offer valid on (12/18) from 12 pm to 6 pm.
Day 9 - Friday, December 19th
- Book a party in the Tasting Room for up to 60 guests and get $250 off of the room rental fee ($350 value)*.
- *Visit or call the Tasting Room at (541) 776-2315 for details. This offer valid on (12/19) from 11 am to 7 pm.
Day 10 - Saturday, December 20th
- Vintage RoxyAnn Magnums (1.5L) from 2002 to 2009.
- This offer valid today only from 11 am to 6 pm. Visit or call the Tasting Room at (541) 776-2315 for details.
*RoxyAnn Wine is also available at these locations: http://www.roxyann.com/roxyann-vendors
Welcome Winter 2014 Wine Club Members
The Winter 2014 Wine Club Release Event was a huge success!
The wines for this release are:
• 2011 Claret
• 2011 Petite Sirah
• 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon
• 2012 Chardonnay
||All Reds Selection
• 2011 Claret
• 2011 Petite Sirah
• 2010 Syrah
• 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon
||All Whites Selection
• 2012 Chardonnay (2)
• 2011 Viognier (1)
• 2013 Sauvignon Blanc (1)
If you were unable to join us for the Winter Wine Club Release Event, your wine will be availble for pick up in the Tasting Room until Thursday, January 8th, 2015. Call Steven at (541) 776-2315 x307 if you would like us to hold your wine. Or you may send your request via email. Wine not claimed by Friday, January 9th, 2015 will be shipped to you via UPS Ground.
Wine Club Members who live out of the area will have their wine shipped during the week of December 16th - 19th.
Credit cards were charged on November 26th, 2014. In the event you need to update your Wine Club Membership details, i.e., credit card, email address, etc., please visit this link or you may call Steven directly at (541) 776-2315 x307.
Text WINECLUB to 20673 if you would like to be notified via text message of Wine Club related events, promotions, and new releases.
14 Funny Wine Glasses
How silly can we be when it comes to wine glasses? Click here to read more.
Hillcrest Orchard Pear & Wine Holiday Gift Boxes
It's that time of year to order your pear and wine gift boxes. Choose from the classic "Pear Gift Box" with your choice of 6 or 12 premium Hillcrest Orchard comice pears ($22 to $25 plus shipping), the "Pick Your Pleasure Pack" ($26 to $32 plus shipping) includes 2 premium pears with your choice of a bottle of RoxyAnn Claret or Hillcrest Orchard Pear Wine, and the "6 Pear Classic" ($45 to $55 plus shipping) which includes 6 premium pears with your choice of a bottle of RoxyAnn Claret or Pinot Gris.
Stop by the Tasting Room today or to order online, click here to email Ashley at Hillcrest Orchard.
Top Smart Phone Wine Apps
The world of wine at times can seem mysterious, intimidating and impenetrable, but it doesn't have to be. Thankfully, there are numerous mobile apps out there that can help you make sense of the most arcane terms and find the right wine and food pairings for every occasion; all without taking a sommelier examine. Check out eight of the best wine apps for budding oenophiles, available on Android and iOS.
Click here to read more.
RoxyAnn Barrel Room Tours
Every Saturday at 3 PM, join us for an informative and tasteful tour (literally) of our barrel room. Enjoy samples of specially selected RoxyAnn wine hand-selected by our wine makers Kent Barthman and Fred Mihm. Call the Tasting Room at (541) 776-2315 to reserve your space.
Winemaker's Video Series Part I
John Quinones talkes about recent events and news at RoxyAnn Winery. Click here to watch the video.
RoxyAnn Wine Reviews
Our wines have received exceptional reviews and quality ratings from magazines such as "Portland Monthly" to reviews from "BTI" and "Wine Enthusiast" to "The 50 BEST Wines in Oregon".
Wine tastings were conducted over four days, fully blind, with hundreds of brown-bagged bottles hiding their stories and secrets from the panelists’ discerning noses and palates. Wines that made it through to the finals were then carefully tasted for fruit characteristics, acidity, alcohol, balance, tannins, and overall quality, with every decision surrounded by plenty of healthy debate. The result? Our 2009 Claret and 2009 Tempranillo list of Oregon’s 50 most lovable wines available.
|Portland Monthy writes, "IF LOVE IS BLIND, falling for a great wine should happen sight unseen. From classic Pinot to hot-blooded Tempranillo, Oregon wine can hit some amazing highs. But how to choose the best? This year, we asked nine of Portland’s savviest wine pros to pick their favorite current releases."
Wine Club Members Save 15% to 20%
Our RoxyAnn wine club members receive 15% off ALL items in the RoxyAnn tasting room and 20% off cases of wine! If members get their friends to join our club they'll receive a RoxyAnn gift! Our wine club doesn't cost anything to join, so what are you waiting for? Come on down to the tasting room today and sign up for free, or visit us online!
Click here to sign up online!